The webinar – Is gender stereotyping in the toy industry really still happening in 2022? – will be followed by a Q&A session for attendees.
Brand performance agency Threepipe Reply and Women in Toys, a global organisation that works to champion and advocate for the advancement of women through leadership, opportunity and education, have partnered on a new webinar that aims to shed light on a controversial topic within the toy industry – gender stereotyping – and how brands and retailers can adopt a more neutral position when marketing their toys.
In the invitation to Is gender stereotyping in the toy industry really still happening in 2022?, Threepipe says: “Industries that have previously been based in gender are starting to shun stereotypes and head towards a more neutral playing field and the toy industry is no different. We want to explore how brands and retailers can adapt their communications to no longer focus on marketing towards gender.”
The expert panel will be led by Sophie Lennon, head of PR & Social at Threepipe Reply. Panellists will include:
- Clare Willetts, CEO and founder of Not Only Pink and Blue, an organisation that challenges gender stereotypes.
- Charly Young MBE, CEO and Co-founder of The Girls’ Network – a charity that provides teenage girls from the least-advantaged communities in England with female mentors.
- Dr Amanda Gummer, UK Chapter Chair for WiT and Founder & CEO of FUNdamentally Children & Dr Gummers Good Play Guide.
The panellists will delve into the following topics:
– Gendered and gender-neutral search trends
– The watch-out list for brands and retailers
– Best practice and best in class for brands and retailers
– And how to bake all the above into a company’s ideas, communications, chosen partners and product launches.
The panel discussion will be followed by an engaging and informative Q&A.
The webinar is set to take place on 10th May 2022, at 3pm GMT. To register, click here.
First published in Toys World Magazine here.